Top Social

January First...

January 2, 2014
I'm boycotting New Year's Day.  New year, new me…it's not all it's cracked up to be.  I'm  happy with status quo, or same ol' same ol', or even better freezing time.

I'm not in a good place to be making any predictions about the new year.  Now is not a good time to be doing that.

Because it was a holiday today, Drew had the day off.  He and I switched places for the afternoon so that I could take some time to be with the other three loves of our life, and he and Luc could hang out together for the afternoon.  They slept, and we went to the movies and then out for an early dinner, Chinese food.

We saw Frozen.  We liked it.  The moral of the story was so good.  Nobody told me to bring a box of tissues with me.  Consider yourself warned!

Tomorrow our main doc is coming back from vacation, he took a much deserved week off.  Really I mean that, even though his timing for vacation was impeccable.  He would argue that it's Lucy's timing, she has an uncanny knack for needing him when he is away.  She didn't want him to forget her while on vacation, so she thought she would stay here and welcome him back tomorrow.

Nobody "rocked the boat" while our main doc was away.  That phrase gets used a lot by almost all of the docs who come to see Lucy when our beloved Dr. R is away.  It's used so much, I can barely keep a straight face when someone says it to us anymore.

I'm sure we will have a lot to talk about in the morning.  If I'm being completely honest, I'm a little afraid to hear what he has to say.  Denial, I want to stay in it for a while longer.  He has a way of bringing me out of it.

Your thoughts and prayers, love and support are much appreciated.

By the way…this fortune was in my fortune cookie tonight.


Post Comment
Reagan Leigh said...

Thinking of you guys often and keeping your sweet girl in my prayers!

Unknown said...

THAT FORTUNE SUMS IT ALL UP! PRAYING FOR YOUR FAMILY...THE STRONGEST PEOPLE I KNOW.

Unknown said...

Wow! That fortune is amazing. I am thinking maybe Drew should buy a lottery ticket with those numbers. As always we continue to hold you up in prayer. Much love.
Laurel, Dave and Jamie