It has been too long since I last posted anything! I have SOOOOOOOOO much I want to share, but literally fifteen minutes to do it in before I have to wake the kids up for school. I will carve out some time to write a more detailed post sometime in the next day or two, but for now a list will have to suffice.
1. I will write a more detailed post about Lucy’s augmentative appointment. What I do want to share is that we are trialing a communication device called a Dynavox Xpress. It is a touch screen, handheld, communicator that categorizes phrases, vocabulary, and so much more. It is amazing and complicated! We are hoping to trial another device called a Vantage Lite by PRC. Currently we are 22nd on the wait list:(
2. Sophie finished her last day of preschool a few weeks ago. I have a video to share with you and post about that as well. Jeez, time flies!
3. Megan and Jack are in their last week of school for the year! Our school year was extended by another week due to all of the snow days the kids had this year. We are all looking forward to summer vacation!
4. Speaking of summer vacation, we are going to welcome (nice wording :) skilled nursing care this summer starting in July. This has been a big decision for us! We are excited and nervous all at the same time.
5. Drew and I are stressing and packing today because we are, through multiple blessings, leaving for Arizona to go to the Mitochondrial Medicine Conference tomorrow! This is something that has come together for us in the last month. We of course are taking Lucy with us, and my mom and sister are going to take on the challenge of holding down the fort while we are away.
6. Speaking of my sister, this news deserves a post all of it’s own too, she is expecting not one but TWO BABIES sometime in October! Yahoo! We are so excited for my sister and brother in-law!
7. While away Drew and I will be celebrating our twelfth year of marriage! It keeps getting better and better with time…
8. Medically things are status quo, and that is what we were hoping for since we bought our plane tickets for AZ a few weeks ago. Motility is still an issue, I will write more about some thoughts on that later.
9. We are gearing up for the Energy for Life Walkathon on September 25th! Save the date, you will be hearing a lot more from me on this in future posts!
Time’s up, and I have to wake the kids. Stay tuned for more details, pictures, and a video. As always thank you for your thoughts and concern, prayers and support.