Top Social

Surprise!

May 6, 2010

Do you remember, all you faithful blog readers, way back in December when Drew surprised me with a blog makeover for Christmas.  He even posted on our blog to let me know about his present to me.  I know what your thinking…sorry ladies he’s mine:)  I had been admiring other people’s blog designs for quite some time, and would often comment on how I liked this or that person’s design.  Lo and behold I started noticing that many of the blog designs that I liked were done by a designer who calls herself  the Design Girl.  Danielle is a very talented and patient designer.  Everything was done via e-mail, and lord knows I am not the most diligent e-mailer.  We have a few revisions to make to the design, but this is essentially it.   

The photos in our header are another something special!  In December our family was given a very thoughtful and generous gift… a gift of memories.  We are so blessed to be living in a neighborhood surrounded by so many who care!  Several of our neighbors felt compelled to do something for our family.  Donations were given by our neighbors, that were then used to hire a very wonderful and talented photographer, Gretchen Johnson.  Gretchen’s passion and energy are apparent  in the photos that she takes. She took so many beautiful photos of our family that it has been difficult selecting which ones we want to make into keepsakes. All of the photos in our header are from our session(s) with Gretchen.  We think that she really captured the essence of our family.  I can think of no better gift to give a growing and ever changing family than a gift of memories. 

We feel so loved, honored, and blessed to be able to share our life with so many of you who support our family with your thoughts and prayers.  We dedicate this post to all of you who have been such a support in our lives.  Enjoy!

Love,

Post Comment
Heidi said...

WOW!!! LOVE these family pics, adorable and very creative. Your blog makeover is amazing!!! WTG Drew! That was such a thoughtful gift, Im jealous. The Design Girl is very talented. Im still struggling on my own with my blog, doing lots of Googling for "how to's" Someday I would love to see what someone else could do. I feel its a little cluttered at times and wish I had more room to post larger photos, oh well.

and YAY, now I can add Lucy's button, such a cute expression :)

HUGS and continued prayers for your sweet girl--
Heidi & Jack.

Kristina said...

What a wonderful gift! Drew, you rock!!! And I can't get over the great photography... she is very talented. All my love:)

Anne said...

Love the new look! And the pictures are awesome :)

Hope we can get together soon.

Lauren said...

I love your blog design! SO beautiful! Danielle really does wonderful work and I've been thrilled with her! Your header is just gorgeous as is your family! I'll be praying for your daughter...