Top Social

Mania…

August 17, 2011

P6019059

I am about to make the understatement of the year…I have a lot on my plate right now!  Sometimes it is just gratifying to write it out and sometimes it is not, let’s just see how I feel when I finish writing this post. 

The 2nd Annual Energy for Life Walk is VERY QUICKLY approaching!  I am not worried that we will not have an amazing walk team, but I am a bit worried that it will pull together at the very last minute, last minute stuff + our life = way too much stress.  Hint, hint, if you are planning to or are even thinking about joining our team “For the Love of Lucy” on September 17th we would be honored, please register!  Like last year, we are going to be selling our team shirts for those of you who are interested.  I am working on the details of just how best to go about doing this.  I will get back to you as soon as I know. 

You know that saying if you want something done ask a busy mom…In addition to getting our walk team together, I was asked if I could reach out to the other teams that are already registered for the walk and assist them with any questions or concerns they might have…really.  I am going to have to carve out some time to call eighteen team captains.  Hey, looking on the bright side, eighteen teams plus ours are going to be walking this year!

Lucy is acting manic…again.  She was awake most of the night yelling, “I-want-get-out-of- my-bed!”  I was so tempted to yell back to her, “I-don’t-want-get-out-of-my-bed”, but of course I didn’t.  Drew and I took turns dealing with all the requests and desires that our little one had up until the wee hours of the morn.  If we weren’t so tired ourselves, we probably would have laughed more than moaned about attending to the little Miss’s needs.  She finally crashed around 4 am, she looks exhausted, but for reasons beyond our comprehension just can not sleep.  Her autonomic body is “off”, her heart rates are swinging like crazy, she is acting crazy, she is very ataxic, her pulse ox numbers are up and down, she is flush and sweaty one minute and cold and clammy the next.  Too bad I couldn’t get all my phone calling done in the wee hours of the night…I had time.

In addition to not sleeping and taking on more than I should, I have the additional role of being a party planner this week.  We are gearing up to celebrate Sophie’s 6th birthday on Friday!  For Sophie this is the moment she waits for all year, this year she decided that a Hello Kitty themed birthday party was what she wanted with and emphasis on art….humm.  I am working on the details and will no doubt pull this off by Saturday for Soph, the day of her party.

Yes, times are a bit crazy around here.  Our main doc is back and we are scheduled to see him in clinic on Thursday, not a moment too soon.  Jack and Megs had their annual eye appointments this afternoon, which meant that I was out and about with the big kids so we spent some time gathering things for Sophie’s party. We are also in the midst of looking for buried treasure in the backyard to help us pay for a new handicap accessible vehicle that we are currently in the middle of negotiating.  At times I feel like my head is spinning, but know that I love to have all the things in my life that make my head spin :).

Post Comment
Susan said...

You're making my head spin too! I seriously don't know how you do it! Oh, wait - yes I do: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." That must be your secret. ;-) Praying that Jesus gives you supernatural strength to do the things that HE has given you to do - and wisdom to know what it's ok to let go of. Blessings to you today, Nicole!