Top Social

Today…

February 28, 2012

I woke up early, showered while Lucy was sleeping, and then heard the resident come in and wake up our girl who has had very little sleep in days...grrrr.  This is one part of hospitalizations that I despise. At around 10am Dr. R came waltzing in, he knows better than to wake Lucy up.  We were so happy to see him we could  have hugged him, he smiled and said I bet you are.  I asked him if he was up to speed on all the events that happened while he was gone.  He proceeded to give me a full report of our girl for the last two weeks, I was impressed.  We discussed our current issues and concerns and formulated a plan.  We tried to schedule a sleep study for Lucy tonight, it was a no go, but worth a try none the less.  We are scheduled for one a month from now, but it would have been oh so convenient to have it done while we are already here.  Lucy’s line cultures are still negative, but we are treating her with antibiotics for her bladder infection.  Tonight was the first time in weeks that her temp went below 100 degrees. 

Tomorrow we need to replace Lucy’s GJ tube in IR and discuss a few more issues with our main doc.  If all goes well, we should be able to go home and finish our course of antibiotics there.

Post Comment
Anne Kerr Thomas said...

Lucy I hope you get better soon and your able to go home. I will keep praying for you and your family. Love you guys.

Helen A said...

Little Miss Lucy, I hope you are following all the doctor's orders. Did you give Dr. R a big hug?..
Can't wait to see you home.
Love
Helen