Top Social

Who says you can’t cry over spilt milk?

January 27, 2010

Nov 1, 2008 to Mar 25, 2009 534

Picture this…one very tired baby who was long overdue for her afternoon nap, one exhausted mommy who had just returned home at 1:00pm from a morning of running around the tri state area, and one very hungry four year old who wanted mommy to make the Japanese noodles for her lunch that we bought while at the Asian market on one of our many errands this morning.

November 24 - December 14, 2009 446

My day started off during the wee hours of the morning, again.  Lucy had another night of waking every one to two hours.  I am not sure what is waking her, her pulse ox monitor alarmed off and on throughout the night, but she slept through all of those alarms, and woke at random times throughout the night.  Her big toe has a blister on the top of it where her pulse ox probe wraps around it, I took that off of her somewhere between 3am and 4am, hoping that was the reason for her waking. Nope, that didn’t seem to help.  She woke for the day at 7:30am, this was very unusual for her, she usually sleeps until 10:00 most mornings.  This morning I choose to look at this as a positive since my goal was to leave our house at 9:00am for a marathon morning of errands and events.   First stop on the agenda was to pick up my wallet that was accidentally left at the pediatricians office the afternoon before. I gave Lucy my wallet to play with in an effort to keep her happy while trying to pay attention to a certain nine year olds well check.  Yes Mom, I know, I know… I should not have done this!  I discovered the error of my ways shortly after we left our peds office.  We were at the library checking out about thirty books for the month and I could not find my wallet which held the all important library card .  I am embarrassed to admit this, but I have lost my wallet,  I mean gone never to be found again,  already twice in my lifetime.  I will not tell you how many times I have misplaced it in just the last month.  I’ll just say that I am very grateful for honest citizens.  Drew is threatening to get me one of those chains for my wallet, you know the kind that biker dudes wear, only he wants  to chain my wallet to my diaper bag.

November 24 - December 14, 2009 424

After retrieving my wallet I had two more stops to make before Lucy’s music class started at 10:15.  This meant loading and unloading the girls twice, folding and unfolding the stroller/wheelchair twice, and convincing Sophie to put on her jacket twice(this can sometimes take longer than the previous two efforts).  We then went to Lucy’s music class where I realized that I forgot her walker at home.  It didn’t seem to matter, as she was in no way interested in bearing any weight on her legs this morning.  She did spend the entire music class sitting in Jill’s (her music teacher) lap participating in most of the activities on the class.  Way to go Jill and Lucy too!

After music class I received a call from a friend who had a question about a Japanese ingredient.  Her call motivated me to take a trip to the Asian grocery store, something I have been meaning to do for quite some time.  The Asian market that we shop at has very narrow isles that make it oh so fun to push a stroller and pull a grocery cart through.  We left the market, dropped off some ingredients at my friends house, and headed home for nap time and lunch. 

November 24 - December 14, 2009 264

Lucy made it loud and clear that she was tired and did not want her diaper changed, feeding pump set up, or socks put back on, but that is what needed to be done before she could go to sleep.  I left Sophie downstairs to wash her hands and make a card for her friend Josh.  I finally sat down to nurse Lucy to sleep when Sophie started yelling up the stairs “Mommy…Mommy, how do you spell Josh, you are invited to my birthday party?”, I kid you not.  In an effort not to disturb the falling asleep process, I ignored Sophie’s question.   She knows better than to talk to Mommy while I am putting Lucy to bed, and I know better to not answer any question as she will not stop asking until she gets an answer.  Sure enough she came waltzing up the stairs asking over, and over, and over  how to spell Josh you are invited to my birthday party (FYI her birthday is in August).  I started spelling just to keep her from talking, when she asked, “how do you write the letter H?”  At this point she came into Lucy’s room and began performing some sort of step aerobics routine with my nursing stool.  She continued talking in spite of my incessant shhhsing all the while coming closer and closer to Lucy’s IV pole which hung Lucy’s pump and feeling bag.  I noticed that I forgot to close the cap on the top of the feed bag at the same time that Sophie tripped over Lucy’s tubing.  In what felt like slow motion, 400mls of Elecare and breastmilk came splashing to the ground.  Lucy’s food is the consistency of heavy cream and smells God awful!     Who says you can’t cry over spilt milk!

PS  The photos in this post are just a few that I like, and don’t think I have shared with you :)

Post Comment
megan said...

Oh MY!

Geanna said...

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!! Hopefully she has learned her lesson of NOT tripping over Lucy's feeding tube tubing!!!