Top Social

Courage...

August 20, 2014


cour·age
ˈkərij,ˈkə-rij/
noun
  1. the ability to do something that frightens one.
    "she called on all her courage to face the ordeal"
    • strength in the face of pain or grief.
      "he fought his illness with great courage"
      synonyms:bravery, courageousness, pluck, pluckiness, valor, fearlessness,intrepidity, nervedaringaudacity, boldness, grit, true 
grit, hardihood,heroismgallantryMore


Our four amazing kids, my husband, they are the definition of courage!  Last year at this time we were at the beach creating memories to last a lifetime.  



We can't believe that was a year ago!  Today, three of our four kiddos and their dad are spending the day at Hershey Park, one of Lucy's all time favorite places.  She loved it there, not sure why exactly as it's an amusement park and she was not really capable of riding many of the rides, but the smell of chocolate was everywhere :). Luc would often dream of eating all of the peanut butter from all of the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, silly girl.  I chose to stay home today, to work in solidarity on some things that need my undivided time and attention.  To be honest, I'm not much of a roller coaster girl myself, the last six years have been enough of an adrenaline rush for me, thank you very much.  But also, I think I want my memories of Hershey park to be the ones that I have with all six of us.  I'm OK with that, and so too is the rest of my family.  Figuring out how to live life without Lucy...it's by far the most difficult thing we will ever have to do in our lives, it requires courage - strength in the face of pain or grief.
Post Comment