Top Social

Hot Wheels!

October 22, 2009

Yesterday we had an appointment at DuPont to pick up Lucy’s new adaptive stroller/pediatric wheelchair/adaptive seating system/Hot Wheels!   For those of you who know me well or have seen our garage, know that I am a bit of a stroller aficionado.  Like a fine craftsman, I have to have the right tool for the right job.  Notice how I phrased this in terms that my husband can understand, it helps him to relate to  my stroller obsession.  I have strollers that seat one, strollers that seat two, strollers that stand one and sit another, a vintage pram, a stroller that can go from laying to sitting(I love this one), a stroller that can handle our infant car seat, a double jogging stroller,  my favorite umbrella type stroller that unfortunately doesn’t lay totally flat, and a not so great umbrella stroller that we use for traveling on airplanes.  Even with all of these, Lucy was in need of a more supportive seating system that will allow her to view the world with better posture and with more support.  She fits in her new seat like Goldilocks!  I have yet to get a picture of her in it, but here’s a glimpse of what it looks like with her out of it.  For those of you who are reading this and are wondering, it is a Kimba from Otto Bock.

PA214672 

The frame on the left is a high-low base for our house.  The seating system can attach to the stroller frame or the high low base.  In case your wondering, it is heavy and slightly tricky to use, but we will be pros in no time.  

Tomorrow we have an appointment with cardiology and neurology at DuPont.  Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as it will be a very long day.

Post Comment