Top Social

We Aren't in Kansas Anymore...

February 23, 2013

I suppose if we were we would be covered in snow at the moment....but you get my point.  We are missing our "home away from home".  This adventure has been challenging on every level!!  Thank God I have the skill set that I do, and that Drew is with me to keep me clam!!  Our girl is sick, she is not feeling well.  She is in pain and has been vomiting for the past hour.  We have also been waiting for a diaper for the past hour, we thought of everything today, except for diapers.  I assumed that they would have some, you know the saying never assume anything...

We are going to hang a PCA pump for our girl tonight, I hope that this can happen for her soon.  Please pray for comfort and peace for our girl and that Hopkins can handle the level of care our girl needs and deserves.
Post Comment
Helen A said...

Stay calm and focused, you are her best advocate. Make sure they take care of her. Sorry she is in pain but I am glad the procedure is done and the stent is in place. Next step recovery.
Love
Helen

Sara said...

Praying for Lucy and your entire family! My name is Sara and I have been following Lucy's journey for a long time now from a link started on Facebook. Please take comfort in God's strength and wisdom! Your family is truly amazing! We have a daughter who is also medically compromised and why I have hesitated for so long to post, I cannot explain, especially considering how much the "random" post meant to us. I honestly pray for Lucy (such a fighter) and your whole family every night. As parents, you have a task more formidable than any average parents face. You have done wonderfully and my prayers will continue! Lucy, tonight my prayer is that your pain will be managed and that your personality will shine again very soon! God Bless!

Sara said...

Praying for Lucy and your entire family! My name is Sara and I have been following Lucy's story for some time now from a Facebook feed. Your family is truly amazing: your strength and endurance is remarkable. Please find strength in God's guidance! We also have a medically compromised daughter. Why I have waited so long to post, I don't know, especially since the "random" posts for our daughter struck such a cord for us. I honestly send prayers up for Lucy, your other children, and for you both as parents, each night. The choices you face each and every day in your endeavor to ensure Lucy has qaulity of life are a challenge that no parent should have to face. You both are doing a remarkable job! Prayers for all of you will continue from our home to yours! My prayer tonight is for Lucy's comfort, continued strength for your family, and that Lucy's personality will shine through again soon! Thank you for sharing your story!