Top Social

Have faith...

July 15, 2013
Everything is going to be alright...I have to keep reminding myself of this, and also to breath.

Tomorrow is going to be a very loooong and trying day, I know this from previous experience. DuPont transport is coming to take us to Hopkins sometime between 7:30 and 8:00 am.  Lucy's procedure time is scheduled for 2:00pm.  Lucy is excited to ride in an ambulance again, they have movies and will turn the sirens on for her.  I'm not sure she really remembers what's going to happen once we arrive.

Our weekend was spent prepping everything we could possibly need to transport our girl to Hopkins.  Pre-surgical labs were done, and a transfusion of packed reds cells was given this afternoon.  Twenty-four hours worth of meds and supplies are being packed up as I type this, and a pile of medical records and paper work have been printed for everyone's reading pleasure.   After having done this a few times already we kind of know what we are in for.  Let me just say that the adult world and pediatrics, two totally different worlds!

Sometimes I wonder if knowing all that I know is a good thing...what I do know is that it makes me a better advocate for our girl.  I will continue to have faith that no matter what, everything is going to be alright.  
Post Comment
Susan said...

Praying hard for Miss Lucy today. "May the peace of God that transcends all understanding guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Hugs!!
- Susan