You're invited to help us celebrate
Lucy's 6th Birthday!!!!!!
So many of you have asked how you can help us...
What we would love, in addition to helping fund a cure for Mitochondrial disease, is to be able to give back to the place that we affectionately call "our home away from home"!
Please help us to celebrate and honor Lucy Grace Marlett's life...
How: By making monetary or new toy donations to the Child Life Department at Nemours A.I. DuPont Hospital for Children. A portion of the monetary donations given to the Child Life Department will be set aside to help establish a Beads of Courage Program for children with chronic illness and their siblings at A.I. DuPont Hospital for Children. This is a legacy that we very much want to establish in Lucy's honor, something that we had been dreaming of doing when Lucy was alive...after all she is the most courageous girl we know!
When: During the entire month of March! Or, if you are like me and need a date on the calendar to actually remember to get something done, then let's just say March 12th, Lucy's actual birthday!
Where: You can make an online donation here, drop off or mail your presents to the hospital at 1600 Rockland Road, Wilmington, DE 19803 (be sure to address them c/o the Child Life Department in honor of Lucy's Birthday), or if you are local you can deliver them to us and we would be happy to take them over to the hospital for you.
When making an online donation click here:
- Under “Donor Designations” select “Other”
- Under “Designation Note/Memorial Tribute Info” you will find the box “Designation Note.” Please write “Child Life” in this box
- Fill in “Honoree First/last Name” with Lucy Marlett
As many of you know, during Lucy's lifetime we spent a significant amount of time living in the hospital. How did we do it? That question gets asked of us often. One of the ways, we were blessed by the most amazing Child Life Specialists! Our child life team always had an age appropriate toy or activity for our girl, our children. We love Melissa and Doug craft kits, sticker books, and toys! If you were to ask Lucy she would tell you that messy crafts are the best! That being said I asked our Child Life Specialist to put together a list of their most needed toys so that Lucy's Birthday can benefit as many children as possible. Feel free to donate what you want or choose from the list below. Please keep in mind that the hospital can only accept new toys and stuffed animals for donation.
- Baby dolls - all ethnicities
- Infant/toddler toys - rattles, teethers, toys that light up and make noise (these are most needed!)
- Small or medium Lego kits
- Matchbox cars (singles not kits)
- Coloring books & crayons, colored pencils, markers (12-24 ct. packs)
- Uno Cards
- Bubbles - small bottles
- Headphones or ear buds
- Gift Cards (Amazon, Target, Walmart, iTunes, Forever 21, American Eagle, sporting goods stores...)