Top Social

Let's meet at home...

December 22, 2012

Whenever I tuck my kids into bed I say to them, "Good night, sleep tight, I'll see you when you wakey wakey, but not before I see you in our dreams".  Then I ask them where we are going to meet in our dreams...

Disney World is often a popular location for us to meet, or Hershey Park, and for Lucy she will often  say, "in Mama's bed".

This afternoon while tucking Lucy in her crib for nap time I asked her where we were going to meet in our dreams?  She replied, "Mama, let's meet at home".

Lucy doesn't know this yet and neither do our other kids, but we were given the best Christmas present ever this morning...Dr. R is sending us home for Christmas!!

Her dream is about to become a reality,  Lucy's fever came down early in the morning, along with her heart rates, and her need for vapotherm.  IV antibiotics are doing their job!!!  Lucy is not great, but she is better, and for that we are so grateful.

There are so many people working to make this happen for us today!! We are so blessed to have all of the people in our lives that we have, without them we could never do this.

We'll be home for Christmas, tomorrow!!!!

PS We are not going to tell the kids just yet, we know better, we are going to surprise them tomorrow afternoon when we pull into the driveway.  It will be the best Christmas present EVER!
Post Comment
Anne Kerr Thomas said...

What a True Christmas Blessing!! I'm so happy that you guys get to celebrate Christmas as a Family!!! Merry Christmas to All of you!!

Kristina said...

Best present ever!

Reagan Leigh said...

SO happy for you guys!!! This made me cry!!!

Shantra said...

Tears!!! I am so happy for you guys!

Helen A said...

Hip hip horray, see you at home, Lucy!
Helen

Francine said...

That is so good to hear after all you have been through. We will continue to pray that all goes well.

Clarissa said...

Praying for you all! What a blessed Christmas gift!

Clara-Leigh said...

No gift-filled sleigh could ever match what a wonderful gift HOME will be tomorrow!!!!!! CONGTRATULATIONS!!!! About to cry reading that!!!

Kristina said...

I hope and pray that Lucy is able to get home. For you to have a beautiful Christmas together would be such a wonderful blessing! All our Love! Kristina and family

Susan said...

God is answering our prayers!!! My kids will be so excited when I tell them. We'll keep praying until it becomes a reality! God is good!